Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wbrown609

Husqvqrna versus Snapper ZTR

wbrown609
11 years ago

I have around two acres to cut and am looking at zero turn machines. Live in a small town and I really only have two choices if I want to buy locally unless I opted to get a Kubota from the tractor dealership, and they were a little out of my price range. The hardware store sells the Husqvarna, and I was looking at the 54" residential model (not sure of the specifics). The lawnmower shop/dealership only carries Snapper and I was looking at the 52" residential model. The Snapper dealership will actually sell my old mower for me and would be able to provide better service after the sale as that is what they do. Any experience with either of these brands/models? Would either of these be okay or should I be looking at something else all together? Again, just trying to buy local if I can. I know the commercial models would be ideal, but I am trying to keep costs down. Thanks.

Comments (4)

• BeeRadGee
    11 years ago

These are questions to consider:

Will this mower be used for other than personal mowing? - Is your flat acreage smooth and rock-free? - are there many (or will there be) shrubs/bushes/trees/obstacles? - available storage room for unit (they do not do very well if left out in the weather espesialy in extreme hot or cold) - does the dealer offer full support (important for those breakdowns/repairs if you dont know how to repair yourself).

You mention a 52" deck - which might be allrite for your acreage..
    And Kubota may be exspensive but they are very tough one of my ZTR's is nearly 15 years old and it still runs like brand new. And 2nd I would suggest looking into deisel models they last along time.

Anyhow - post of my Rules for buying new equipment...

1. Carefully evaluate the size mower you need and buy at least one size larger (For Example if you think you need a 28Hp get a 30Hp instead).

2. NEVER buy a mower from ANYPLACE that will not let you test drive it (take home) or at least a similar model. Ergonomics are just as important as performance and capability. (Vitally important!)

3. DO NOT base your purchase on price or brand name alone! Do proper research and find all of the available models that fit your criteria and haggle, save, or trade to get the right equipment for the job. Pick up a couple of extra residential yards to earn extra bucks. It is absolutely important that you do not compromise because of the price of your mower!!!!

If you follow these three tips you will end up a happy camper with just the right mower for the job. If you disregard this advice your gonna end up with One or the other of the following 2 problems:

A. Buyers remorse. Stuck with a piece of junk that is cheap made and overpriced or simply a unit inadequate for the task at hand.

Or..

B. A pissed off spouse when you start shopping for another tractor just 3 - 6 months down the road because you didn't buy the right unit in the first place. (In my experience 2 or more acres a diesel model is best they are very tough and low maintenence).

Good Luck And Enjoy Your Purchase And May It Last Many Seasons.

• BeeRadGee
    11 years ago

And on a second note im not shooting down snapper they are a very good brand. But that dealership that sells the kubotas should have $0 down 0% A.P.R. For 60 months kind of like making car payments. Im paying roughly $255 (I think im paying just a little over 17G's total) a month for my ZD331P-60"Deck with a Kubota dump from seat bagger and lite kit installed. Which is better off in the long run. I would suggest looking into this.

www.kubota.com your dealership should honor this special.

• jimkw
    11 years ago

I just bought a Bad Boy CZT with a 50" deck to mow 2 acres of rough ground. I paid $4999 and it's an entry level commercial grade ZTR. I wanted a more heavy duty than residential because of the rough ground. I basically built a house on a farm field and started mowing it without every having it smoothed out.

My other choices would have been Exmark and Kubota which are too expensive for a personal use mower for two acres. Other brands I looked at are John Deere, Hustler and Skag. The Bad Boy seemed to give me the most for the money.

• gator_rider2
    11 years ago

Is this good price for this mower.

Here is a link that might be useful: cheap price ZTR