Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LawnBoy Oil Leak

Posted by jb456 none (My Page) on
Fri, May 24, 13 at 21:50

Hi Guys,

I have a Lawnboy Model 10671, that is a few years old.

Motor started to leak oil from the top of motor. I took the engine apart and changed the top oil seal.

Assembled everything again, mower ran great but oil still leaking from top.

Pulled everything apart again. NO OIL on the oil seal I just changed. It was completely dry around the oil seal that I changed but there was still oil on the top of engine running down the sides.

There was oil around the big black piece of rubber which I think is called the breather?

But I did not really see lots of oil around that big black seal.

On the thin pipe that is connected to the black rubber right underneath that on the engine itself there is like indents in the motor metal on left side and right side.

The indent right under that thin pipe was filled with oil, the one right side of motor was dry.

All things point to near that black rubber and thin pipe leading to primer bulb.

My question is where are all the places that oil can leak from the top of a mower?

How can a breather leak oil?

What do you think it is?

How do I fix it?

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LawnBoy Oil Leak

Yes. These were known to leak and or turn into little oil pumps after being tipped. If tipping isn't the cause, buy a new breather kit and both dipstick tube seals and and once installed- the oil leak should be no more.

o
RE: LawnBoy Oil Leak

If it was tipped. How do I go about getting the oil out of the breather?

Is there any other areas at the top of motor that can cause leaks?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here