Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andyma_gw

I just want to crow about my GTS

andyma_gw
11 years ago

I have no Idea of what the model number is because the the sticker is missing It has a Suzuki 4 stroke. Its a 3 speed BBC. Mulch , bag, or side discharge. Built circa 1990. I picked it up from Craiglist free stuff. Turned out to be less than a mile away. This was when I was on hiatus between surgery and chemo in the fall of 09. I wanted a project. It wasnt much of a project. It looked shabby. The red enamel is falling off the aluminum deck. A 5/16 shoulder bolt that holds the wheel adjuster to the deck was missing and a 1/4 bolt was loosely holding in its place. I have an early Toro 3 spd out back of the shop. It was a struggle but, I harvested the bolt I needed. A shop would probably have charged me 3$ for this bolt. Thats was all it needed. Sure, I cleaned the air filter, changed the oil and sharpened the blade. Here is the cool part, it starts on the first pull. I havent had to mess with anything. The owner bought it new, and was conscientious about maintenance. I was dealing with the misses. They had gone out and bought a brand new mower. I dont know what they bought. but I doubt they will get the same service as the GTS.

Comments (5)