Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kbluegrass_sux

Help with Mclane Rotary

kbluegrass_sux
13 years ago

OK guys....I grew up in Cali where we always had Bermuda grass. It was simple to cut as long as you had a reel mower to get is nice and short. Ours looked great after every cut. Well the time came for me to move to Utah. I took with me my mclane reel mower to the new house. Needless to say it cut like garbage and looked like garbage. I soon realized I had Kentucky blue grass. So I changed to a rotary and for a while it was a much better change. I had purchased a very expensive Mclane 21 inch suction model with self propelled and a Honda engine. I had used it for 2 years so far without any hickups....I was having it serviced during the winter. However the belt broke on the self propelled part. So I complained one day to my wife on having to push it manually and the next thing I know for fathers day I received this orange thing from sears called a Husqavarna. It had a drive system as well so I used it. The vibration was more than the old one and the cut was ok but not a suction type like the Mclane. But I had never gotton rid of the mclane. Then the orange thing started to have issues with the B&S engine. And I really started to miss the mclane. Then the orange pos leaked all of its fuel out of the primer button hole and onto the floor of my shed. Not to mention the exit chamber to the bag always getting clogged. I had had enough as of today!!!! I gave it to a friend and it is now his problem. Anyways....where can I get replacment wheels and how do I replace the belt for my mclane?

Comments (2)