Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
which toro mower should i keep?

Posted by elvis_presley Minnesota (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 0:49

I think am holding on to the lawnboy 2-stroke as a fun backup mower. But I want to get rid of one of my other two.
1. Toro super recycler (SR-21s #20042) works well. has some miles on it, but not bad
2. Toro recylcer. (20332) Home depot, rwd also personal pace. MINT condition. 2 years old but hardly used.

After making necessary repairs to the recycler, it works great. No issues. (Easier to use than the Lawnboy but doesn't cut quite as well.) However, I came across the super recycler, and had to buy it, because I thought it would be the ultimate mower. However, its from about 2001, doesn't cut great (needs a blade sharpening) and is slower than the recycler. I also seems heavier when going in an out under trees, etc. I just wonder if i put time and work into it, if it will be better than the recycler. It should be right? Will it last longer than the Chinese home depot mower, even though it's much older

I need the space, so 1 has to go.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: which toro mower should i keep?

I would keep the super recycler. To start with it has a cast aluminum deck which means the cutting area where the blade is located is one piece instead of the stamped deck with curved pieces welded in. I feel the 1 piece promotes better airflow. Also the super recycler has the "kickers" built in to keep the grass in the blade to be minced better. Plus it should have the accelerator (fan) to recirculate the clippings underneath. These are extras the recycler doesn't have, but do make a big difference in quality of cut. Not sure if the self propel transmission on super recycler is better/different or not.

o
RE: which toro mower should i keep?

I agree. No substitute for a premium mower with cast aluminum deck. Sounds like the both have Personal Pace so no difference there. You probably will be looking at an overhaul on the SR at some point, but its worth it when you have something good to start with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here