Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lawn tractors

Posted by tay1 PA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 22, 10 at 8:52

To all,
Unfortunately my lawn tractor died recently. My grass is getting tall I am getting nervous and I am shopping for another tractor. Here are my current choices:
1.) Used:John Deer LT180, 48" deck, 261 hour (about 5 years), 17HP Kawasaki engine, Price $999, free delivery.

2.) Used: John Deer L130, 48" deck, 360 hours (6 years), 23 HP 2 cycle kohler engine,$1250. Comes with grass catcher, delivery $45

3.) New LA115, 19.5 briggs and Stratton, 42 inch deck $1600, $60 delivery.

4.) New Craftsman YT3000 (28922) $1400.00

I am leaning toward the LT180 , any advice?
Greg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lawn tractors

why not buy a robot auto mower?
i have used it two years, when you drinking, he is working.
here is my auto mower, which is bought from china.

http://www.esaleschina.com/wholesale/auto-mower/

Here is a link that might be useful: auto mower

o

ignore the spambot above. the LT180 is a different class of machine than any others you listed and would be MY first choice. the only advantage the Craftsman or LA machiens have are warranty. the L130 is probably due for some major maintenance before long, such as tranny oil change and likely a new front axle(mine has broken 2x at roughly 250 hours each time).

o

If ya don't know how to fix 'em---buy a new one that you can afford! Do not buy a used one, if you aren't mechanically educated, or inclined! And, buy the Warranty, too. Will save time, trouble, and money in the future. A good service plan is worth it, too!
Rusty Jones, the Voice of Experience!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here