Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tailwind_gw

Help for new Tru Cut 25' Reel mower

tailwind
13 years ago

I just received a new Tru Cut 25", 10 blade, Honda powered mower yesterday. Assembled the unit as per the provided dealer assembly instructions, and reset the height range to the HI position. Cutting at the top notch (2 1/4) inches, I noticed a very clean, but incomplete cut. Alot of blades were springing back up un-cut. I was cutting some shop grass being a mixture of weeds, bermuda, st augustine, and who knows what else?

Later yesterday, UPS delivers the front roller mod, we install and try again, with somewhat better results.

So I brought her home to try on some recently sodded St Augustine. Cranked it up around 8am this morning, set on high, attempting to cut 3" tall grass, cut last Wednesday. Same results, blades cut had a sharp clean cut, but had 20% spring up uncut. Made a second cut, again better, but not even the quality of a good sharp rotary! Alot of unsightly blades sticking up and over 1-3 inches.

Being hot, I put her up, rechecked the setup to see if intial blade adjustment was necessary - not mentioned. So now plan B. The grass was last watered 2 days ago, 1/2 shaded, Temps here in Jackson, MS - lows 78, highs 95, so I dont think it was wet.

All suggestions appreciated and welcomed!

Comments (6)