Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Go from zero turn to lawn tractor?

Posted by joshuaace (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 14, 14 at 15:06

We mow about 2.5 acres and currently have a cub cadet z-force 60 inch zero turn mower. It takes about 1.5 hours to mow. There are only about 8 trees and 2 sheds to mow around. The zero turn is so rio ugh if a ride that it hurts my back and neck after mowing about 30 minutes. I am thinking that a regular garden tractor would be more comfortable but this is the only mower I've owned so I don't know. Am thinking of selling mine and buying a regular lawn tractor if it would increase the comfort and not add too much time to mowing.

-how long would it take to mow with a good lawn tractor and 48-52inch deck? Some are listed at 7 mph which is the same as my zero turn

-is a lawn tractor gong to be more comfortable on uneven/rough terrain?

-my cub has a 23hp Kawasaki engine and only 196 hours. It is a few years old but it good shape. How much do you think I could sale it for?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Go from zero turn to lawn tractor?

IMO the LT will be about 1/3 slower Even though the LT will go 7 mph I dough you will be able to mow that fast? Why not look into air ride seat for you Zero turn? IMO you will really take hit on the Zero turn if you attempt to sell it. See what others have to say?

o
RE: Go from zero turn to lawn tractor?

Back tires 5 to 7 psi, seat add 2 pillows.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here