Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reel Trimmer

Posted by WildBill5150 California (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 6, 14 at 16:31

I have an California Trimmer reel mower, self propelled with the grass catcher in front. I got this from my Father In-Law when he moved. I had it tuned up and the blades sharpened. It runs great but cuts too short for my type of grass. Is anyone interested in buying it? I paid $220.00 for the tune up and sharpening. I'll let her go for $250. I'm located in Livermore, California

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reel Trimmer

You've got a Trimmer "Homeowner" which was a less expensive model than their "Original" model. Has belt drive off the engine rather than chain drive as their commercial models, and uses the belt as a clutch, rather than a single plate dry clutch. Other features were made less expensive to compete with McLane and King O'Lawn.

Based upon the picture, I'm guessing your machine is from the late 1980's. You can pin the date down by looking at the Briggs model numbers on the starter shroud next to the carburetor. The numbers will look something like 80201 XXXX-XX 8806XXXX. The first four digits of the third set are the month and year of manufacture, i.e. June 1988 in this example.

While the Trimmer Homeowner is a pretty good machine for non-commercial use, your price is too high for a 25 year old mower. If you're willing to negotiate, you might be able to sell it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here