Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susan_tc

Tru-Cut C-25 Honda GX160 Question

Susan_TC
12 years ago

Hello,

I got this mower a couple weeks ago. The original owner purchased it new 3yrs ago, used it a few times (like 8), then it sat in the garage until I bought it. So it sat for 3 yrs, is the point.

I took out the plug and cleaned it and my neighbor (wanting to be helpful) took off the air filter (which looked new and unused), and intermittently sprayed carb cleaner into the carb while the engine was running until it ran real smooth. We also removed the gas tank, dumped out the little fuel that was in it, and put in fresh gas with min octane 87. (I will be changing the oil this week too.)

So it starts right up (always did even before we did all this) and it runs real smooth and steady, BUT only if I leave the engine choke on a little. If I back the choke all the way off, it idles too slow and won't propel forward properly with the thumb drive rod. If I try setting the handlebar throttle higher (toward the word "CHOKE") it runs rough and idles no faster. The way it runs best is to leave the throttle halfway between STOP and CHOKE and keep the choke on the engine on a little. Like 1/5 of the way.

From what I understand I should be able to turn the choke off, once warm, and the handlebar throttle should increase the engine idle/speed of the drive, by pushing it down towards the word "CHOKE". Any suggestions? Or is it bad to use it the way I am? Thanks for your help, gentlemen!

(My original post and the help I got: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/lmower/msg050103168501.html?2)

Comments (4)