Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gotta be tough

Posted by jpplemons none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 16:45

I am new here, and thank you in advance for your advice:
I have bought a new place, and I mow, or need to mow, about 3.5 acres of it. This place is TOUGH- trees, gravel drives, ditches, lots of slope (for central TX) tree roots and occasional stumps not cut short enough by the previous owner. Heck, we have hit pieces of chain, tools, and other assorted junk out here.
Every time we hit something like that, it breaks a spindle on our Ariens 46" riding lawn mower. I want to buy something that has slip clutches or shear pins or something. Is there a zero-turn that can handle all of this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gotta be tough

Very few riders have shear pins and none have slip clutches that I know of. What I do know , is that I take my old GT Craftsman, mow rocks, literally cut off trees an inch plus around, drive straight through blackberries when i cut the lanes and it sounds like the world is coming to an end, but nothing ever breaks or tires don't even go flat. An old, ugly, pick it up cheap GT is probably the way to go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here