Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
toro 22in recycler model 20371

Posted by macdud none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 18:40

starts well cold but after mowing for 20 minutes or so cannot restart . must let it sit for 1/2 hour or so then it starts ! second problem , with the air cleaner removed I noted oil around air cleaner opening .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: toro 22in recycler model 20371

Hi guys my name is Joe, actually I have a 1 year old toro 22" 149cc. First time using my mower this year after the winter season, I was cutting my lawn last week and suddenly my mower stopped... so I said what the heck I just bought this mower last year and something wrong already. So I tried and tried no response. Next day I brought my mower to a repair shop, and the guy said your mower needs a tune up. Then I ask the guy how much? He said 120 cash, I ask him if I he can do it for $80 he said no. I said its ok then and I left. On the way home I went to canadian tire and bought gas or fluid stabilizer and carbon cleaner and add it right away on the fuel left on the mower so when I get home it already mixed up. When I get home I remove the spark plug then sand it with 80 grit sanding paper and open the spark plug contact a little bit. Then I grab my small compressor and blow the spark plug and the hole were you put the spark plug in, and the spark plug cable. Then put everything together and pulled the string, guess what 1st try my mower start... I wish this thing will help you and excuse me for my grammar my English is not that good. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here