Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toro 22in Recycler starting problem

Posted by Gondorff (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 10, 14 at 19:31

Toro 22in Recycler starting problem.
Purchase 2012

When I start the mower, it is on a level surface. However if I stop my mower, most of my lawn is slope some gentle other rather steep and if I do not move it to level spot it is very hard to start.

It is worse if the mower is pointed downward, the if pointing upward.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toro 22in Recycler starting problem

A thought here that if you are restarting the mower in the grass, it takes more effort to pull and possibly isn't being pulled fast enough to start. It may help to tip the mower slightly back when pulling.

o
RE: Toro 22in Recycler starting problem

I already do this, in fact I tip the mower back, then pull it backward. Or just stop it on an already mowed area.

The problem comes from the mower being tilted.
My neighbor who owns a Lawn Boy also has the same problem. But this is to be expected seeing Toro owns them, so they probably share technology.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here