Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emba129

V-twin lawn tractor motor needed

emba129
11 years ago

Does anyone have a used V-twin engine for a Scotts L2048 / L120/L130 tractor. Originally a 20HP

20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 HP should work

Mine quit yesterday. Lost all compression, engine spins freely

Thanks

Chris from Connecticut

Comments (13)

• romore_gw
    11 years ago

Can you give at least give us the make and model of the current engine? What is the diameter and length of the crankshaft extension? Does the tractor have an electric clutch? This will dictate the alternator output required.

• emba129
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The engine is off a Scott L2048 lawn tractor from 2002. Engine model number is 406777-0115 Briggs and Stratton V-twin 20 HP. It has an electric PTO. Not sure about crank extension or diameter. Im going outside to pull the engine.

Any idea how hard it is to pull this thing apart to see what broke? Is it worth it?. I suspect the camshaft

• emba129
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, I pulled the spark plugs, turned the motor over.. no piston movement on either side. top and bottom shaft does turn with the starter. I suspect both connecting rods broken. I pulled the motor and when i lifted it out it sounded like a bag of rocks!!

• romore_gw
    11 years ago

New or used? Briggs has the 27 hp 44Q777-3137 on special right now, it will drop in with no modification.

• emba129
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Prefer a used.. the tractor is 10 years old and at some point its not worth putting alot of $$ into it. Im hoping for something arount $300-350 max..

Whats the 44Q777-3137 go for? adn where can you get the best deal?

• romore_gw
    11 years ago

I don't know U.S. prices, check with your local dealer. You will be buying somebody else's headaches in your price range.

• walt2002
    11 years ago

Well I tried to post you a link to someone who has one for $150 but this site will not let me post the link. IF you want the contact, email me at address below, put in proper format and remind me what you want.

Walt Conner
    wconner5 at frontier dot com

• lbpod
    11 years ago

Walt, there's a place for a link right below the message
    that you post.

• bill_kapaun
    11 years ago

"Walt, there's a place for a link right below the message
    that you post."

I'm sure Walt knows how to post a link.

This site won't let you post links to many other sites that they deem to be "competitors" or ???

That's why I rarely reference this site when on other similar forums. It works both ways IMO.

• walt2002
    11 years ago

Thanks Bill, IF the party is interested, I left the contact info, that is it.

Walt Conner

• emba129
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Walt
    I sent you a message for the link.
    Thanks
    Chris

• emba129
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Walt, I sent you my info to your email. Can you send me a link or a contact who may have the engine?

Thanks
    Chris
    chancy68@comcast.net

• walt2002
    11 years ago

Seller never responded, said on Forum that engine was sold, sent OP email to that affect.

Walt Conner