Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
john deere 14sb won't start

Posted by kingevil (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 1, 08 at 21:28

changed gas, oil, spark plug, air filter looks good as does the gas filter. doesn't even seem to want to start. after a few pulls, i took the new plug out, and a few drops of gas came out of the plug. also cleaned carb inside and out with spray. it was used one day, then it sat outside in the rain and snow, now it won't start.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: john deere 14sb won't start

haveyoucheckedforspark?

o

yesithasspark.

o

check to see if choke is engaging-common fault on these. drain gas tank completly to get any h20 out

o

can you please explain how to check the choke? i don't know a lot about these engines. thanks!

o

has clean fuel, still won't start. still has spark, plug still has a trace of fuel in it. still won't start!!!

o

bump

o

bump

o

The choke basically has to shut when asked and pull open when in run. You can either feel the choke or linkage as you use the control to close it OR access the end of the carb and watch it operate. If were there, I would give a shot of carb spray down into the carb and pull it over- if it tries to run it tells you a lot. It then tells you your ignition and compression are well. Let us know exactly what happened if you want good advice. It isn't clear if you did maintenance and then it set out in the weather for a while or you did the maintenance after. How long ago did it run?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here