Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lawn Mowers for Tall People

Posted by fpsmoto none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 23:00

Hi,

I am 6ft 9in and it is terribly difficult for me to find a lawn mower that can be adjusted to my height. I am looking for a mower with a height adjustable handlebar that can be adjusted to 46 inches or higher. Anything lower and I lose any leverage I would need to mow quickly and consistently and without putting enormous strain on my back.

I've seen some lawn mower extenders or hacks that I can install on an existing mower, but they're all cheap alternatives to what could be solved by simply having a mower that can be adjusted to the height I want.

Here are my mower requirements:
- 46" or higher handlebar
- Light weight mower under 65lbs
- 20"+ blade
- High rear wheels
- Gas powered

Optional features I would like:
- Automatic push for easier mowing
- Under $250

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lawn Mowers for Tall People

If you already have a mower that is self propelled, and I was you, i would rent a pipe bender, remove the handle and put it on the ground, and with the bender, bend the lower section of the handle to make it more upright\higher, but that's just me...

if u have a sears\troybuilt\walmart mower, etc. many come from the same maker so that the handle is many times interchangable.Maybe you can mooch a used handle from a repair shop to experiment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here