Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mowernut

Honda Commercial Mower

mowernut
10 years ago

I currently own a 2009 Honda HRC216HXA 21" commercial mower. I submitted the following issue shortly after I bought it, but still have not been able to resolve it. I'm hoping someone else might see this and possibly have a recommendation to fix. I am in Florida, mowing St. Augustine grass. This mower runs great, but leaves in my opinion far too many uncut single blades of grass throughout the yards I mow. The grass blades are bent, and appear to be bent or blown down. The day after mowing more blades appear as they begin to straighten up. Honda and the dealer I purchased it from deny any problems with this mower, but Honda did offer a spacer to use in place of the upper blade which I tried with the same results. I've purchased a 2nd blade set in case the set that came with the mower was defective in some way, but again no difference. I also bought a gator type blade made specifically for this mower by Oregon, and still the same problem exists. Bagging, mulching, and side discharge all leave many random uncut blades of grass. I've also tried different heights on the front and rear wheels. Setting all wheels to a relatively low setting helps the problem, but cutting St. Augustine this short is not an option as it will damage and possibly kill the grass. Has anyone else experienced this problem with this particular model? As I said, it looks as if some of the grass blades are being "blown" down. All thoughts or theories are welcome.

Comment (1)