Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Extra Large Wheels On Mower

Posted by bilmo Arizona (bilmo2008@gmail.com) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 2:23

Hi All! the basic reason I want big wheels is to mow over ground covers and things that I do not want to brown out.
also, the so called right of way in my alley, the city thinks I should maintain it, etc..so it's easier to do so, than talk to a phone menu for a century and get nowhere. anyway. mostly ground covers. I want them neat, just not scalped.are there after market large wheels for mowers? thanks y'all. much appreciated........Bill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Extra Large Wheels On Mower

There are. There are many available from aftermarket companies such as OEP. Stens, Rotary. You can also usually get large wheels- similar to what a walk behind trimmer has at farm stores or Lowes as an example. It may take a bit of ingenuity to adapt and of course one should be aware that they are creating an environment which could present additional safety issues that should be dealt with as well.

o

How high do you want to make it? You may be better off with a wheeled string trimmer...

o

hey tomplum and snuffyinatl! both good comments, thanks. tom, i could not find over sized wheels on any of those websites. and snuffy, what brand would you recommend ?

o

check out link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: weed wheels

o

hey thanks Gator!and thanks to all of ya. I about got this figured out. any recommendations on string trimmers to hook up to them wheels? the best one I've ever had was a cheap electric Ryobi. I loaned it to a neighbor and well, need I say more? I MIGHT be able to have it saved at an emergency tool repair shop. we'll see. all others I've tried had serious issues with the spool and the string. spent more time untangling and rewinding than weeding. nit with the ryobi. it was blow and go. thanks for any tips fellas!.......Bill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here