Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toro Personal Pace drive belt

Posted by tom229 5b MA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 14, 09 at 6:18

I hope someone can help me out. I have a Toro Personal Pace lawnmower (model #20332) that I bought this year. I use it part time commercially and the 45 day commercial warranty is expired.
The drive belt has come off the pulley. I'd like to try to fix it but the owner's manual doesn't mention belts. I took some parts off to try to get at it but there seems to be a "guard" around the pulley that I don't know how to remove.
If someone could give me step by step directions (I'm not very mechanically experienced) as to how to get it back on I'd be grateful!!
Also, if I can't do it would it be possible to just buy a length of belt, not a loop, and weave it around the pulley and then somehow connect the ends of the belt?
Thanks,
Tom
Maybe there's a how-to website with a video I could download?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toro Personal Pace drive belt

When you go into the dealer to buy the new belt (don't try to rig it, you will be replacing it again very soon if you do), ask them how to replace it. If they are a decent dealer they will have no qualms in helping you out. Unfortunately you bought a residential mower and it will probably not last long when used commercially (I would bet you will be replacing the drivetrain and wheels before long).

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 14, 09 at 11:18

The guards are usually held in place by one or two 3/8" screws and not hard to remove. You may need to remove the blade and then reinstall and turn the blade to get the belt onto the pulley. Disconnect the spark plug first and always have the gas tank half empty and in the upward position when you turn the mower on its side.

o

Thanks Baymee and Metal.

o

For anyone needing some help replacing the Toro Personal Pace belt the attached link should help. Although I found it impossible to slip the belt between the rear pulley bracket and the pulley even with the front belt guard removed. Instead, I removed the wheels and the spring attached to the pulley bracket, turned the axle, removed the pulley bracket, replaced the belt and put everything back together. Took some doing but it works fine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Toro Personal Pace Belt Replacement

o

Great link, but here's one more question, does anybody know the belt measurements for the Toro 20332, p/n 115-4669, I know it 3/8 wide, but not sure of the length, can't find anything on the web, even called my local mower shop & they didn't have a cross for it. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here