Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gregnga

2 Cycle Lawnboy model#

gregnga
11 years ago

I have an old Lawnboy 2 cycle mower that I bought in 1992. How can I find out what model it is and the, secondly, how can I find a rear bagger for it once I find the model#

Comments (6)

• tomplum
    11 years ago

Hit the advanced search tab and enter as much info as you can.

Here is a link that might be useful: Toro/ LB

• walt2002
    11 years ago

"I have an old Lawnboy 2 cycle mower that I bought in 1992"

IF you mower has a panel across the handle close to the handle bail, look on the underside of it.

Walt Conner

• gregnga
    Original Author
    11 years ago

IF you mower has a panel across the handle close to the handle bail, look on the underside of it.

That was it. It's a model 10515 Gold Series. Great mower. If I find a rear bagger for it, I will sell my Honda and keep the Lawnboy

• romore_gw
    11 years ago

I am also a big fan of those Lawnboy oil burners but suggest you stick to the Honda for bagging. The LB system, if you can find one, will be expensive and a royal pain to remove and dump. It is also prone to clogging if the grass is long or damp.

• gregnga
    Original Author
    11 years ago

"I am also a big fan of those Lawnboy oil burners but suggest you stick to the Honda for bagging. The LB system, if you can find one, will be expensive and a royal pain to remove and dump. It is also prone to clogging if the grass is long or damp."

Yes, LB baggers are hard to find, that's why I bought the Honda in the 1st place. The Honda is like driving a tank compared to the LB, which is more like driving a sports car as far as handling goes. And, as the saying goes, they don't make em like they used to"

• 1saxman
    11 years ago

There are two bagging kits and two bagging port covers. One cover is plain and is used for side-discharging. The other cover has a side-discharge blocking plate attached and is for mulching.
    There are two bagging kits - rear bag and side bag. The LB site shows the rear bag set for your application. The discharge chute for the rear bag set is black, and green for the side bag set. The side bag usually holds more, plus there is a larger leaf bag available for it, but of course the side bag limits your mowing options.
    I just saw both rear and side bag parts and kits on ebay. The kit I saw on the LB site looks like the standard rear-bagging set used on all the late LB models before the 'Insight' 4-cycle series. There will be two holes in your deck for the steel support rods - one for the chute, one for the bag frame.
    I used the rear bag set-up for about 15 years on a 10201 and a 10550 and never had any problems with it.