Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choosing the right lawn mower

Posted by jcioli (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 10:17

I have very rough terrain with some rocks and alot of tree roots above the ground and have gone through 3 lawn mowers in the past 10 years. I am going to have to get a new one again. Anyone have a suggestion which is a really good mower for my terrain? One that will last me a long time and withstand the rigors of my terrain? Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choosing the right lawn mower

Picking up the rocks and covering the roots in your yard might be the logical solution. Or one of these.

Here is a link that might be useful: rough terrain mower

o

"wayne440" is on the right trail about the rocks and roots. Your terrain is "telling" you that it will destroy your lawnmowing efforts and machine unless you change something. Even the rough terrain mower in the link (which is a good one) is not going to cut through the hard stuff.

So it's not really a question of which mower, but rather modifying your terrain to be able to mow it.

Best Wishes--Carl

o

I cannot cut down the trees since they belong to my next door neighbor and they run into my yard. How do I go about covering them?

o

You may could cut the roots at the property line and pull them up? Or just put soil over them and plant grass?

o

I was thinking you could create a border on your side of the trees, mulching the ground from there up to the trees, and not having to mow that area any longer. You could also try a low groundcover in the same area. (As to cutting the roots, that risks damaging a tree enough to have it die and possibly fall onto your property). Best Wishes--Carl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here