Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Craftsman S.P. walk-behind mower.

rustyj14
12 years ago

Here's one for ya-----

Around 8 years ago, i sold a nice Craftsman used self-propelled walk behind mower to a feller. I would tune it up every year for a nominal sum, even though he was quite well to do.

Well, this time he complained about oil leaking all over the deck, driveway, and lawn. So, while at the mower parts store, i bought the dip-stick tube seal, and installed it. Then i found the oil was leaking thru the sump gasket!

Ah-ha! And i thought of all of the work involved wwith changing that gasket, and how many hours, etc. All i'd need would be a cranky blade adapter that didn't want to leave its home, plus the drive pulley too, and i'd have more time in it than it was worth. I explained this when he called this a.m. Only a few things would cause the problem--like age (10 years, plus or minus) a blown head or sump gasket, blown ring-s, blown piston--so the owner said to just keep it, and he bought a newer one to replace it!

Gee, it looks so nice, and clean, and all, but leaks oil like a sieve!

Now, if i can find out why the Toro Personal Pace wont run-i'll be further ahead. Yeah, i've checked most everything on it! RJ

Comments (2)