Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honda Mower Self-Propelled Drive problems, need advise/help!

Posted by ffama (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 08 at 11:06

Honda Mower Self-Propelled Drive problems.

I have a Honda model HRR2163TDA lawn mower, one year and 8 months old with about 35 hours on use--first use out of the box was about 8 months ago.

The Self-Propelled Drive V-Belt, Sping Wheel Tension and tension spring plate came off. The Mower starts and blade works right, but no self-propelled.

So does that mean the transmission assy is OK, or may it still need replacement. If Trans Assy is OK, than DO I only need to reinstall the parts that came off---If so How and I know that one end of the Sping Wheel Tension hooks to the tension spring plate, but do not know were the other end of the spring wheel tension hooks to. Looks like Plano has all parts, but I am with this mower in the Philippines . So I need to order all parts to be shipped to my Friend in New Jersey who will ship to me soon and I can not get any parts in the Philippines and I need the parts before I can take the mower to a motor cycle repair shop. Would Like to have more parts than needing additional parts since shipping by sea will cost me $75 and two months in time.

So how do I install the above and what parts would you order and do you think this is major.

Thanks for any and all help!---Frank

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honda Mower Self-Propelled Drive problems, need advise/help!

Frank-
Click the link and then select Honda in the upper left.
It "might" help?

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

Do you have ratchet key installed correctly? If wrong, axle will turn but wheel will not engage. Similar to Toro rear wheel drivee system.

o

My self propelled mower is no longer self propelled.
Could be the problem.

o

HRR2162TDA, will not drive. Belt is good, cable engages transmission but wheels do not turn. Wheel gears are good. Seems like transmission is bad? Any thoughts?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here