Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does ahy one have the hand Fiskars lawn mower?

Posted by jim_w_ny Zone 5a (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 23, 10 at 11:23

Does anyone have the Fiskars hand lawn mower?

It has a unique design and looks to be lighter and more maneuverable. And with Fiskars rep likely to be really sharp. I can think of several places in my yard where it would be useful!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does ahy one have the hand Fiskars lawn mower?

Excellent lawn mower,BUT no bag!
In my opinion it is the best on the market,BUT no bag!
You have to adjust the blades. If you are not mechanically inclined it could be a problem.
Once the blades are adjusted it cuts easy and does a really nice job.
Lowe's had the best price and if you purchase a 10% card from e bay you can save $20.
Not many reel mowers can cut 3 inches height. This one will. The manual should have had a height setting chart. It does not have that.
Hope this helps.
If you want to know how to adjust it properly let me know.

o
RE: Does ahy one have the hand Fiskars lawn mower?

A very light push mower is not necessarily a good idea, because you need some weight to keep the wheels from sliding. Although Fiskars sells nice scissors, the mower blades will be no sharper than those from other makers and will need periodic sharpening and adjustment to cut efficiently. Finally, remember that regardless of the advertising there is no free lunch with push mowers. The energy needed to move a mower and turn the blades has to come from your muscles, electricity or gasoline.

There is a mixture of owner comments on this link at CR:
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/home/2010/02/product-preview-fiskars-manaul-reel-mower-black-decker-lawn-mower-ratings.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here