Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which edger is best?

Posted by flowergirl70ks 5/6KS (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 12:17

I need to buy a new edger. Could you share your opinions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which edger is best?

Well, Flowergirl, I believe that more info is needed before anyone can offer suggestions. For example:
Do you want gasoline, corded electric, or cordless electric?
If gasoline, do want 2- or 4-cycle engine (2-cycle, oil mixed with gas, 4-cycle has oil sump)?
Do you want an edger that has the engine mounted on a base with wheels and you push it with a lawnmower type handle OR do you want one with the engine mounted on top of a shaft (much like a string timmer)?
Do you have a price range in mind?

To get an idea of the styles available, go to Amazon and search on "lawn edgers," pick the style you like best, and let us know. Otherwise, there are just too many variables for anyone to take a guess at.

o
RE: Which edger is best?

How much edging do you have to do? What are you currently using?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here