Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dewguy1999

Lawn-Boy 10247 behaving badly

dewguy1999
9 years ago

Hello:

I have a nearly 14-year-old Lawn-Boy 10247 that's behaving badly again. I originally posted here in 2007 concerning it and it's behavior at that time which turned out to be fixed by a new CDI. I revived the old thread on the 12th as I'm again having similar behavior and I thought it might need another CDI. A link to my thread from 2007 is included at the end of this message.

Well today I went out to see if I could get it started, primed it 3 times and it started on the first pull. It billowed smoke for a short time, at first blueish and then blueish grey and finally white, which I thought was a bit odd, but ran fine once it stopped smoking. I was almost done with my front/side yard when it slowed down and stopped. First thing I did is check the gas tank and it was empty...I'm almost positive that I filled the tank last week when I couldn't get it started...so what happened to the rest of the gas? I then filled the tank and of course since the engine was warmed up it wouldn't start again, but that's not unusual since I've never had much luck getting it to start once it's warm.

I'm going to try starting it again later today to see if it will start and to finish my yard. I'm concerned whether I've got more wrong here than a failing CDI. Thanks.

Edit: I went out and it started on the first pull (without priming) smoked a bit and I finished mowing the lawn.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lawn-Boy 10247 won't start again!

This post was edited by dewguy1999 on Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 14:00

Comments (2)