Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolckr

Honda lawnmower cut and bagging problems

toolckr
9 years ago

I purchased a Honda HRR216K9VYA a few months ago. Right out of the box, I was very disappointed with the performance. The mower leaves narrow strips of grass uncut, and leaves a trail of clippings on the right side behind the mower. At first, I assumed that the lawn was too long, as it was springtime and the grass was growing quickly. I raised the deck to one shy of the highest position, with no improvement. I tried cutting after only 3 days of growth- no real improvement. (I usually cut every 7 days with my old craftsman mower that I purchased for $20 at a yard sale 8 years ago)
The performance was so bad (much worse than my $20 mower) that I took the mower back to the store, told them something clearly wasn't working,and asked to swap for the same model. I have had the new mower now for about 2 months, and the story is the same. I end up going over the entire lawn twice to get the clippings sucked up and get the grass cut evenly. I am scratching my head at how I am having such significant problems with a mower that is supposed to be so great.
I am wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems, and if you know of any solutions.
Thanks.

Comments (2)