Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ronin026

echo gt-1100 wont start after rebuild

ronin026
13 years ago

I appreciate any help given, and this will be pretty descriptive to try and narrow down my problem. So I inherited the echo through my parents, and it wasn't running at the time. While it hasn't been religiously maintained it also hasn't been hammered on or ran without fuel/oil at all. I'm fairly handy but by no means a mechanic, but they're fairly small engines and I had nothing to lose so I figured id rebuild it. Cleaned(didn't replace) spark plug, soaked carb in carb cleaner, blew air thru the lines and jets to clear them out, rebuilt muffler(screen was black through and through) and replaced primer bubble as well. I started it up, and after a couple tries it turned over roughly, had an inconsistent idle and sputtered to death, couple more tries and I got it to start and idle poorly, tried adjusting screws(though I really don't know what they mean) got it to rev up to a good speed but it still ran inconsitent and idled poorly. So I purchased a rebuild kit and rebuilt the carb, new springs, needle, fuel screen, gaskets, diaphram etc. After rebuild I through it back together, it turns over a couple times when I start it, fires a little and smokes some but won't start, 5-6 pulls later no more firing and absolutely no smoke, pull til my arms soar and it won't start! Upon examination it appears gas is coming out of the air intake, the spark plug is covered and I believe it to be flooded. Rebuilt carb again and same results. Only thing that I can tell isn't working 100% is the seal where the hoses enter the gas tank, but I can't imagine that's affecting much but some small gas leakage. Any help would be much appreciated

Comment (1)