Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
front wheel drive on craftsman 917.377132

Posted by karen449 none (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 13:43

I just replaced all 4 wheels and control cable assembly but my front wheel drive doesn't work. What could be the problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: front wheel drive on craftsman 917.377132

Did it work before you replaced the wheels?

It could be a multiple of different problems from a bad transmission, drive belt broken or slipped off the pulley, the little gear that engages the front wheels worn out etc....

You did get the front wheels on the front didn't you?

You can go to searspartsdirect.com
Plug in the Model number and you can see some "exploded" views.

o
RE: front wheel drive on craftsman 917.377132

If the front drive was working before you replaced the wheels and control, it's a reassembly problem. Suggest you disassemble what you replaced and make sure that the pieces were put on in the right order/place. I strongly suspect it is either the gear alignment on the front drive (due to having the wrong wheel in the wrong place or installing the correct wheel incorrectly) or not having the control cable assembly properly adjusted. Also check the drive belt to make sure it didn't break or become misaligned during the original repair. Best Wishes--Carl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here