Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
JD 14SB trans speed selector cable change out.

Posted by skane1 3 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 7, 13 at 14:04

Hi...
I have the older silver bodied JD 14SB and I want to know how to remove and install new trans speed selector cable.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: JD 14SB trans speed selector cable change out.

Great mower! Replacing the drive cable is kind of annoying compared to the other mowers I own.

The transmission end of the cable is held in place by the belt guide bracket that is under the drive pulley. You'll have to remove the pulley to get at the two bolts holding the guide bracket in place. Remove the bracket and the cable should be free.

Before removing the bracket, you should see a small spring toward the carb side of the mower. You need to carefully remove that spring before loosening the bracket.

o

Thanks Mike....
I was very lucky and had this mower given to me for free.
I had to put on a recoil because it was missing and the trans speed cable is broken.I also have a newer green bodied version for parts that has the oil filter option on the kawi motor.

o

Thanks Mike....
I was very lucky and had this mower given to me for free.
I had to put on a recoil because it was missing and the trans speed cable is broken.I also have a newer green bodied version for parts that has the oil filter option on the kawi motor.

o

Thanks for your excellent advice.I followed your instructions and was able to take apart and install the new trans speed selector and it works flawlessly!
Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here