Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nluginbuhl_gw

self propelled electric ignition lawn mowers

nluginbuhl
9 years ago

Hello
I need some advice in buying an electric starting self propelled lawn mower. I have only used a ride on mower but I have moved and only have 1/2 acre to mow now. I am a 69 year old woman and don't want to deal with pulling that starter. I want a decent mulching mower. Any advice?

Thanks!!

Comments (2)

• exmar zone 7, SE Ohio
    9 years ago

I've attached a link to Amazon for what appears to be "entry level" for a half way decent mower. There are others cheaper, but....

If you go this route, investigate the replacement cost of the batteries, they don't tend to last too long in my experience. Also, be very, very anal about adding Stabil, etc. to offset the ethanol in gas these days.

If you don't do your own mower maintenance, check out local dealers who do, may cost a little more, but better in the long run.

Good luck,

Ev

Here is a link that might be useful: Husqvarna mower

• rosemallow
    9 years ago

I would recommend the Honda HRXHMA.
    Yes it is gas, but it is electric start. So, no reason to pull.
    I am saying this because you mentioned you want a decent mulching machine.Also it is hydrostatic propelled. Why would you want to push a mower.
    I am 67 and I still pull my Honda to start. Why?? Because it starts the first time and is easy to pull.
    Good Luck with whatever you purchase.