Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tru cut mower

Posted by hoopman none (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 11 at 14:39

Am looking to buy a tru cut mower, any suggestions on which to buy?? I am fed up with my McClane always having some issue or another with it.. small yard about 3500 sq. ft bermuda grass..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tru cut mower

At 3,500 s.f., you would only need a 20" unit. I have both a P-20 and an H-20 from Tru-Cut. While they were built in different years, the only difference I can see is the speed with which they drive. My H-20 has an additional sprocket gear reduction that my P-20 does not have...meaning the P-20 FLIES as fast as I can walk at full throttle and the H-20 is what I would consider "normal" in terms of speed. Actually, they also use different engine models. The P series use Honda's GX (commercial-grade) series while the H-20 uses Briggs OR Honda's GC series. I am a fan of the GX series found on the P-20 mower but I'm not sure it's a justifiable expense. Any of the engines offered are great for our residential applications.

I think you will really like your Tru-cut mower. Please report back and let us know what you got and what you think of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here