Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Model Number to Tecumseh Model Number

Posted by actionclaw (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 23, 10 at 17:21

I have a Tecumseh Engine on a Craftsman mower.
Engine Model Number: 143-197032
Serial Number.: 9157 15057

I understand that the 143 is the Sears source code for Tecumseh/Lauson Power Products and the rest of the number is the model # of the engine but I can't find a Tecumseh Model Number similar to 197032.
www.partstree.com lists Tecumseh 4 Cycle Vertical Engines (which I believe this is) with numbers: LV148XA, LV156EA, LV156XA, LV195XA, OHV125.

Can someone here crack the code? Is there a cross reference available somewhere to identify the Tecumseh model?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Model Number to Tecumseh Model Number

Are you sure about that model number? I've looked through all my files and the closest I could find was a 143.196082!

o

Yessir. I double checked and got the same. Here's all the poop.

Sears Craftsman Dual Blade Clean-N-Cut
22" Self-propelled, Lite weight Magnesium

Engine: Tecumseh
(definitely a Tecumseh. Marked several places, has a Tecumseh #32517 Flywheel)

Model no:143-197032
Serial no.: 9157 15057

I don't know if this helps but I did see it listed on this site under Craftsman / Four-Stroke Models - Vertical Crankshaft

o

If you go to Sears PartsDirect you can enter the model number and get an exploded view of the engine and a detailed parts list:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears PartsDirect

o

Yeah, I had found that but did you see what you get? It's fairly useless and looks like a fax.

Plus, almost every part listed "is no longer available. No alternate or substitute part has been recommended by the manufacturer." my understanding is that you have to go directly to Tecumseh, in which case, I assume a Tecumseh model is needed. Same goes for researching it online, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: searspartsdirect diagram

o

Do you have a Sears model number for the mower itself? Like a 917.XXXXXX?

o

Yep, sorry, I skipped right over that didn't I?

Sears Craftsman Dual Blade Clean-N-Cut
22" Self-propelled, Lite weight Magnesium

Model # 131 97800 (CRAFTSMAN, Model # 13197800)
Patents: 2,774,439 ; 2,915,318

o

• Posted by ajay Colorado (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 25, 10 at 13:27

Your Tecumseh model number is ECV105-147002
This model is very old & most of the parts are NLA
I had to use the micro fiche to find the Tecumseh model number. But the part numbers on the Sears site are the Tecumseh numbers.

o

Thanks JuneBug1701 for the shout out with the Sears Parts direct link.

You can always go to Mysears.com and post it on the forums where someone may have had the same problem or Craftsman expert can help out.

Here is a link that might be useful: MySears

o

Thank you, THANK YOU Mr. junebug1701 and ajay!
Thanks to you guys, I've been able to find several quality diagrams. Thanks again.

But, come on, "This model is very old"? A Lawn mower's age isn't measured in the same terms as a computer or a tomato! When I hear, a very old lawn mower, I imagine something more like these!

old mower
old mower

o

I know Ajay helped another to find this info. If someone out there knows, can they help me? Sears Craftsman Chipper shredder Model # 247.795890 Engine Model # 143.959001 . Only other # on it is S 1B145A 10 1 41 . I am trying to identify this engine so I can repower a very good unit. I also have several other pieces of equipment that have tecumseh engines on them that need repower & any help on how to ident those engines would be greatly appreciated. I'm in on Fri afternoon & Sat & thats it. Emails would be very good. Thanks in advance & Have a great day.

o

Tecumseh HM90-156004B

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here