Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eric_2007

$400+ lawn boys on e bay?

eric_2007
12 years ago

I�ve have noticed handful of older lawn boy mowers selling for what appears to be huge prices and being sold as "refinished" being sold by omcjunkie197709 items 280710856252 and 280711416002. Both appear to the naked untrained eye to be near mint. however under closer look all the decals were removed and hand painted images of the decals were used. which is not only considered misleading for not being stated in the ad but who�s to say the paint he used is resistant to gasoline, water, debris dust etc. Also for the 1969 model the air filter box is a tan color plastic which was never made. the plastic ones were made in the standard green or orange for commercial use. Under close look in the pictures you can see the original green bleed though the tan paint on the filer box. my other issue with this seller is questionable honesty in other aspects such his whole feedback is private which most e bay members consider a fence to cover prohibited bidding practices. with the prices he�s listing the mowers for over and over it appears he�s using other e bay ids from out of state people to inflate his price to just under his inflated reserve price to create the illusion the mower is in huge demand. I have no issues whatsoever with people who buy lawn mowers, broken cars, abandon storage sheds, antiques ETC to resell at profit however when you involve fraud in the aspects of appearance of the item and bidding practice it make someone appear as honest as a recently released new york us representative