Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are there still auto choke problems with todays Honda's?

Posted by kenz5 Z5 WI. (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 20:37

Just curious if there are problems that still exist with the auto choke systems on todays Honda engines that seemed to cause so many headaches when it was first introduced a few years ago? I'm looking at the Toro 20192 and the Honda HRX217VKA mowers which both have the Honda auto choke systems. Thanks for your time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are there still auto choke problems with todays Honda's?

• Posted by ajay Colorado (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 21:54

I have never seen a auto choke on a honda GCV engine that works correctly.

AJ

o

I'm on my second season with an HRX and never a problem. It starts half way through the first pull, just as designed.

o

My HRX217HXA GCV 190 that does not have the auto choke. Relative has a Troy Bilt with a GCV 160 Auto Choke that works fine for 5 years. I'm glad mine is manual.

o

3+ years on my GCV160 with autochoke and no problems. Only time I did have a carb problem a piece of shrub got pushed into the carb linkage and screwed up the way it ran.

o

• Posted by kenz5 Z5 WI. (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 22, 10 at 19:15

Thanks guys, maybe the previous auto choke problems are now a thing of the past!!

o

Very few issues. There was a revision a couple of years back on some models btw.

o

I bought a Husqvarna push mower that was powered by Honda a year and a half ago and the auto-choke worked great for the first year but now it sticks and you gotta push it with your finger to make it work.The Honda engine still runs like new and continues to start with just one pull.I always keep the mower inside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here