Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amlar_gw

Lawn Boy Problem

amlar
13 years ago

Below is a copy of a post from Saxman 2 years ago that really describes the area of my 10550 that has a problem. Sometimes dirt and grime gets into the area where the sliding member slides so when I adjust the throttle that sliding member actually jumps over the piece that opens and closes the throttle. This happened recently so I took things apart to clean and in doing so the wire at the bottom of the governor spring disconnected from the sliding member. I cannot get it reattached. Any ideas on how to do that. My father in law tried to help and attached it to a plastic post next to it which allows me to mow but the engine is revving really high and burning gas quickly so I need to stop that. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I do not want to spend $82.50 to fix this. Thanks

"Okay, the air vane is the white 'flag' that extends into the air shroud. At it's base is a thin collar with a knurled edge. Under the collar should be the end of the governor spring, which must be attached to the sliding member on top of the air filter box. The manual throttle moves the sliding member and tightens or loosens the governor spring to provide varying engine speeds. Assuming this is all connected properly, remove the air filter element (with engine off) and observe the throttle plate. It must be in the wide-open position. Gently move the air vane to the left and release it - it must be completly free to move and must instantly return to the wide-open position when released (the throttle plate is attached to the air vane). If the throttle plate is not in the wide-open position, turn the adjusting collar clockwise (it clicks) until it is. Once you get it started, you can adjust the collar for more or less RPM. There may be other problems but check this first."

Comments (4)