Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redrabbit_gw

McCulloch Chain Saw ??

redrabbit
10 years ago

Hope this is the right Forum. I have a 14" McCulloch saw , model CS 38 EM , Ser#110501..Used to run ??This saw will only run on either,it shows no fuel in the primer bulb.I suspect my problem is in the tank or the carb. Help please..

Comments (4)

• rcmoser
    10 years ago

Hope this is the right Forum? Usually for small gas equipment (chainsaws, trimmers, tillers, push mowers, ect...) posted over on the tool shed forum. This site for mostly riding mowers with few push mower weeded.

"You are probably right along with rotted/cracked fuel lines and plugged up carb. and maybe cracked primer button.. You should see fuel being cycled up to and through the carb. If not you have air leak (something cracked sucking air in), plugged filter.

Now if you getting fuel up to the carb. but not through it (due to it won't hit or run) then the carb. small passages are pulled up. It that's the problem you will have to disassemble the carb. clean out all the passages, most likely the diaphramn will be weak and lost it's pumping power, which the fix for that would be carb. kit.

• rcmoser
    10 years ago

Hope this is the right Forum? Usually for small gas equipment (chainsaws, trimmers, tillers, push mowers, ect...) posted over on the tool shed forum. This site for mostly riding mowers with few push mower weeded.

"You are probably right along with rotted/cracked fuel lines and plugged up carb. and maybe cracked primer button.. You should see fuel being cycled up to and through the carb. If not you have air leak (something cracked sucking air in), plugged filter.

Now if you getting fuel up to the carb. but not through it (due to it won't hit or run) then the carb. small passages are pulled up. It that's the problem you will have to disassemble the carb. clean out all the passages, most likely the diaphramn will be weak and lost it's pumping power, which the fix for that would be carb. kit.

• redrabbit
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the help, I was hoping for a simple repair. I will get to it in the next couple days. I'll let you know.

• redrabbit
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I got the saw apart. My biggest problem is the fuel lines.Both lines going into the tank were broken off where they come thru the case. They were very brittle and crystalized.They seem to be two different size lines.Can you tell me the size and lenght I need . Also where they go .I know one goes to the primer and the other to the filter in the tank.Does the one from the primer attach to any thing in the tank ? I also have a very small o-ring that came out of something ?? I have cleaned the tank and the carb. I now have a basket of parts I hope to put back together again.