Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman mower problem

Posted by bozaira none (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 23:32

Just got this mower about 3 weeks ago, mowed using 6 times. Now it starts and sounds like its dying, then dies. FIrst I thought it was a fuel problem, so I refueled , but still same problem. Any help would be great, the mower sounds really weak . The sounds go like in-and-out if understandable ;)

Also model:

160cc Honda Engine
Power-Propelled
22" Multi-Cut
Model No.

This post was edited by bozaira on Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 23:33

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman mower problem

Fuel shut off valve fully open?

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 6:48

Remove the air filter. Is it wet? Oil on it? Test run it in a clean environment and see if it works better. You could also have dirt in the fuel tank or lines, or bottom of carb, affecting the main jet.

o

Fuel valve full open! Where is the air filter? Also how could i get the dirt from the carb?

o

Suggest you download the OM and read it if you don't know where an air cleaner would be!

http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/pd_download/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0904778.pdf

o

Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 11:16

At the bottom of your carburetor, you'll see a small bolt coming out at an angle. Shut off the fuel valve, and open and remove that bolt, using a 10mm wrench. Collect whatever comes out and look for dirt or water, which will be underneath the gas.

o

Got it guys! All I had to do was clean the filter, then I started it with fuel valve on. Closed it, the turned the valve off. and it worked!

Thanks so much!

o

Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 22:24

So, how did the filter get dirty after only 3 weeks?

o

I mow my neighbors lawns, have a mini business of mine hehe! A summer job

o

I would recommend you first follow bills advice and read the owners manual first especially the part about pre-ventive maintenance and items to check before you operate the machine. Or you may have MORE trouble down the road?

o

A lot of OP are not clear if the tool/mower is new or used. I have two Craftsman mowers bought new, but the two mowers I USE have no manuals. Four year old Toro, and maybe thirty year old no-name B&S push mower. The oldest is also the lightest, and easiest to turn. I like it because its fun to use.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here