Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dtk40242

what is a 'Link, Lifter'

dtk40242
13 years ago

OK, got a used Lawnmower and have what I guess will be a silly question and one maybe not so silly. I got a YARD KING self propelled 26" mulching mower. Silly question, what is the "Link, Lifter" bar? its visable on the left side (looking down as you walk)- its loose, I just picked it up today and will do tightening and such tomorrow but I'm just not sure what it is or is for. I've owned a few lawn mowers over the years but never a self propelled and never one like this. The not so silly one, I was told the belt for the self propelled part was broke, I took the chance that it was all that was wrong, hey, it was only $25 and it runs so I thought it was worth the gamble. Also, tomorrow I will take it apart and replace that and hope that does work but my question is, if it doesn't work is it ok for me to use the lawnmower without the self porpelled feature, if so do I need to have any certain settings or anything? I didn't want to strip anything if I have to use it like it is for a couple of weeks if it takes a while on parts.

Thanks for helping a newbie.