Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jojo49_gw

John Deere rx75

jojo49
18 years ago

I bought a used 1994 John Deere rx75 riding mower & have no manual. Is there a place to check the transmission fluid?

Also, I had a thread going about four months ago about not being able to get a tire off but can't find it in a search. Someone wrote that their rx75 was going in snail & turtle speed & wouldn't go any faster & someone responded saying that something needed to be adjusted. Mine is doing that & that's why I'm looking for the message.

Also had a thread going about a Yardman mower that I was trying to get a pulley off of. Can't find that one either. If anyone remembers that, I got the mower back from the shop after four months & they did nothing to it. Bad pulley is still on it. Someone had gave me some suggestions but can't find them at this forum. Any suggestions?

Comments (29)

• paul__kelllam
    18 years ago

they stopped making the rx in 1990 there is a lever under the seat that you have to adjust for the variator (gear shift) it's a bit complicated to explain here. does it have
    a 9 hp kawasaki engine?

• paul__kelllam
    18 years ago

the oil deal is a pain to get to they came with a piece
    of hose to attach to a nipple but turning the petcock
    is tight behind the seat on the right side you have to
    go under the fender hope this helps

• jojo49
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I see something that has a groove that looks like should be turned with a screwdriver. That faces the seat. Then facing outward I can see a hole with a spring in it. Maybe I attach a hose to that & turn the other with a screwdriver & see if the oil comes out?

• bill_kapaun
    18 years ago

"Also, I had a thread going about four months ago about not being able to get a tire off but can't find it in a search."

If you look at the very last post in this forum, you'll see it's July 6 (or was when I just checked).
    A post drops down the list if there are no replies until it "falls off the bottom".
    There are only 17 pages of 30 "topics" or 510. Once your "topic" becomes #511, it's gone forever.

• paul__kelllam
    18 years ago

been there done that :) the front wheels have a snap ring
    that you have to take off the back should just come off with a good old ratchet and socket good luck these RER's
    are fun but a pain to work on..

• jojo49
    Original Author
    18 years ago

This is in response to paul_kellam. The front & rear wheels have a snap ring. There is nothing on the rear wheel to put a socket on. It should come off after just removing the snap ring. I took it to a shop & the wheel was seized. Somehow they removed the tire without taking the rim off the mower & put another tire on it. I didn't see them do it but wish I would have.

• mikerr
    18 years ago

I just recently bought an RX 75. Does anyone know of a good website for parts? I need manual and 4 tires for sure. I concerned about that little lever under the seat. It feels wobbly and doest't feel like it does anything...supposed to adjust the gears ???

• xjjeepman1_yahoo_com
    17 years ago

Id like to know the same about a good parts source. Also, I was running through some tall grass and the blades quit. The PTO wont engage anymore, what should i check for? Electric clutch or switch? Are these expensive? TIA

• jcbolt
    17 years ago

For those of you looking for parts for a RX75.
    The link will let you look at illustrated part lists (same ones the guys at the John Deere dealer have) for the entire mower.

Here is a link that might be useful: John Deere Parts

• xjjeepman
    17 years ago

Thanks for the link jcbolt - I did try that site but they dont have many parts for the Rx75 on it. Not many mechanical parts at least. Anyway, I figured out why the blades stopped - my deck is shot. Rusted around one of the pulleys and it broke off! I have a R70 with a 30 inch deck but it doesnt have wheels on it. Does anyone know if it will fit on the RX75?

• dvcdale
    16 years ago

Good day everyone. I just ordered a "mulching kit" for my RS 75. Any tricks to assist with the install? Also need to know if there are any assist tricks on replacing front tires. Read about the "snap rings". Is there a tool and can I screw up the axle?? Thanks. Dale

• manoross
    16 years ago

No real trick in installing the kit. Hardest part is removing the deck to drill the hole for the inner mulching baffle.
    BTW where did you buy it from? a friend who has an RX wants to get one

• dvcdale
    16 years ago

Sorry to be so long in getting back to everyone who wanted to kniow where I purchased the Mulching kit for an RX75. There was a listing on ebay for $90 US, and the dealer had one available for $100 US. I elected to go with the dealer because they are a good source of info, plus with freight and the hassle of purchasing thru ebay, I saved a buck or so. No real problem installing. I did not remove the deck, marked the spot to drill from underneath and drilled from underneath. Again no real problem. I am a nitpicker about my lawn and this mower with a single blade (keep it sharp and balanced) gives me the manicured look I wanted. Still haven't found the lever/hole/slot under the seat to adjust the clutch. Going to wait on the front tire replacement.

Dvcdale

• dvcdale
    15 years ago

I was able to find and purchase an operators manual for the RX 75. If anyone needs to know anything covered in this manual, send me an e-mail at dvcdalepub@aol.com and I will attempt to find an answer for you and reply.

Regards,

Dale Foster

• dopper1
    15 years ago

my problem is my starter has 13 volts going to it but wont turn over. is there anything else it could be

• dad137
    15 years ago

rx75 was going in snail & turtle speed & wouldn't go any faster, the lever under the seat doesn't go to any thing. Garden Tractor uses to go through all gears now only three forward and reverse.

• jojo49
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Patrick, was it you who posted the message that starts out with, rx75 was going in snail & turtle speed & wouldn't go any faster

• tommyjim
    14 years ago

does anyone know where I can get the pulley for the blade assy shaft

• arnlin
    14 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to remove the entire seat mechanism on a John Deer LX277 ?

• dmjw52_verizon_net
    13 years ago

I am loooking for a used grass bagger to fit my RX 75 mower Sanyine caN HELP?

• dmjw52_verizon_net
    13 years ago

I bought my tri-cycler muching kit from the Green Parts Store o-line. hope to install w/o taking off the deck.it was and is on sale for $104 US

• tigerforeman_live_com
    13 years ago

hey i have an rx 75 deere steering is out and im not going to fix it everything is there and it runs have in great shape rear bager complete also have manl. book,, i live in ohio first 150.00 takes it 740-244-9478

• rexray1948_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

need spring for lever that adjust hight of deck!!

• timachkasnowdon_yahoo_ca
    12 years ago

Hi guys just wondered what height the mower is from ground level to top of steering column.
    thanks

• jocharla
    9 years ago

Ok I found all the questions about going in snail pace but no answer what to do about it

• tomplum
    9 years ago

The RX 75 came with the snail kit pre-installed....

• tonyketron
    8 years ago

Need a transmisson rear diff for john deere rx75 thanks

• Renato Leal
    3 years ago

I have with jong deer 175 no go front