Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Lawn mower problems:

rustyj14
12 years ago

Several days ago, a friend brought his walk-behind, to have me fix a fast idle problem.Said it wouldn't slow down to an idle-kept running very fast.

So, off came the starter housing--and there i found his problem-the mouse nest of all mouse nests! The whole thing was packed with grass, acorns, leaves, and anything else Mr. Mouse thought would make good nest material! The governer couldn't work right that way, but it did after a good blasting with high pressure air.

Then, later on, a neighbor brought his C-man Tecumseh mower in-said it would only run ten seconds. I told him to remove the bolt that holds the fuel bowl on, and give it to me, which he did. I then cleaned the varnish off the smooth shank of the bolt, ran a thin wire thru the little hole, blew thru it, and he put it back together, started it up, and it ran until he shut it off!

Those 2 jobs cemented my reputation as a wizard in the local lawn mower repair scene!

When i first started in mower fixin', i'd give the tecumseh powered mowers to a kid down street. But, when he left for college, he told me the secret! RJ

Comments (3)