Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honda HRB216 valve springs

Posted by dedge43 none (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 13:47

Hi. Can anyone tell me if Honda have changed the specs of the valve springs for the GCV160 motor used in the HRB216 (US) and HRB536 (Europe) mowers? I'm rebuilding the motor of our 13-yr-old HRB. The HRB216 Shop Manual says new valve springs have a free length of 34 mm, and need replacing when this gets down below 32.5mm. Ours were down to 30.3 mm, so I bought Honda replacements, part no. 14751-ZL8-000.

However, these are only 31.2 mm long, so below the specified minimum length. I suspect the spec has changed, but can anyone confirm this, or measure a new spring of the same kind for me? I feel uneasy about fitting out-of-spec parts.

Would be grateful for any advice/info.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honda HRB216 valve springs

I have no idea but here is Hondas contact info.

http://powerequipment.honda.com/support/contact-us

o
RE: Honda HRB216 valve springs

Thanks v much for the response and the url.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here