Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toro Lawnmower Electric Start

Posted by pjl1969 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 14:04

I have a Toro 6.5hp GTS Recycler Lawnmover, with electric start. Starting the mower with the cord works fine but now the electric start is not working and seeking advice on how to diagnose the problem. I have confirmed the Battery is charged and yesterday replaced the wiring harness. Don't know what else to do or how I can check to see what else is working / not working ? When turning the key there is no sound at all as though it was even trying to turnover the engine. Help please.

Mower Specifics: Toro Consumer 20045, Super Recycler Mower, SR-21SE, 2000 (SN 200000001-200999999)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toro Lawnmower Electric Start

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 17:10

The first thing to check is: Is there 12V at the terminal on the starter when you turn the key? If not, is there 12V on the switch from the battery? Is there 12V from the battery but not past the switch.

There are a few things to check. There is also another switch on the left side of the motor which is activated by the bail handle.

o

Thanks. I am a novice at most things electrical. Can you please advise how to test the items you highlighted. I have a multimeter, but do I disconnect the wires from the starter to perform the test or leave them connected and just test the terminals ? Also, there is a connector on the wiring harness that I just replaced that is located between the battery and the starter that connects the two together, do I disconnect the two and perform the test on the connector itself or leave it connected and do the test on the starter terminals itself ? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to do the right thing. Thanks.

o

I just bought a new electric start Personal Pace Toro Lawnmower & do not know how to install the electric start button. I have not found the instructions in the instruction book helpful. Can someone give me instructions on how to install the electric start button? Thanks.

UPDATE: I was finally able to install the start button but now have another question about this lawnmower. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO ADJUST THE HANDLE ON THE PERSONAL PACE? I'M SHORT AND WOULD LIKE TO ADJUST IT BETTER FOR MY HEIGHT.

This post was edited by ruthe245 on Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 14:08

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here