Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nickfinity

Simplicity Broadmoor wants to quit

nickfinity
12 years ago

I bought the Broadmoor back in 2004. It only has 90 or so hours on it due to moving to a smaller yard and various other factors. I've always taken care of it though. Change the plugs, oil, and air/oil filters every year. We moved again and now we have about 1.5 acres to cut.

The front yard is a little rough and I bounce around a little bit. When cutting it the first time it died on me, but I was able to get it started again. The next time it quit on me and wouldn't start back up until the next day. A few years ago the seat switch acted up on me and I had to unplug it and plug it back in again a few times. I thought maybe it was the problem so I replaced it in case.

Cut the grass yesterday and I'd been on it maybe 15 minutes and it quit, but I was able to get it started again. To get it going again I had to leave the choke open for a little bit, eased it down and eased the engine back up to full speed. Once it's going it seems fine. However, if I slow the engine way down to get off to move a branch or something it sounds a little rough. It's almost like it's not hitting every time. It doesn't sound like that at all when it's at full speed though.

Any ideas? I really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Nick

Comment (1)