Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any such thing as a good electric string trimmer?

Posted by carnivore 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 10, 13 at 17:22

I've never used a string trimmer I liked. The line NEVER seems to feed properly, they always jam and I spend more time messing around with them than I do actually trimming.

I just went through a corded Black and Decker and cordless Ryobi trimmer in a single weekend. Both had problems with the feed and ended up in the trash. Granted they were cheaper models and I don't know what more money gets you.

Is there any such thing as a string trimmer that just works? It's a small yard so a corded model is fine with me as long as it doesn't waste my time. I'm fed up with buying junk.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any such thing as a good electric string trimmer?

Sounds like you are buying old used trimmers if you are throwing them away. Not a good comparison.

Most new ones work OK, but they are not long life trimmers. My old electric Ryobi with a bump head is fine as well is my really old John Deere (non-bump head). They are not cheap ones.

BG

o
RE: Any such thing as a good electric string trimmer?

MY son- inlaw just bought a cordless Worx and he is very happy with it.Most electric trimmers you buy today are made in China and are just very cheaply made.I have used a few and was not very happy with any of them.I am currently using a McCulloch 34cc gas trimmmer that I have had for about 12 years now and I've not had one issue with it and I only paid $99 for it at the local Wal-Mart.
The stuff you buy today just won't last and it's getting made cheaper everyday.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here