Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Bunged-up fingers:

rustyj14
13 years ago

A friend came in today, with the fingers on his right hand all bandaged up! Said his wife had hit something with the mower, and didn't mention it until it kicked back and smashed his fingers. I checked the crankshaft under the deck, and--yep--she must of hit a BIG rock, as it was not going to run any more! Crankshaft really wobbled. So, i sold him another $25 mower, so he could mow. He didn't want to buy an expensive mower, is why he bought the cheapie. He allowed he wouldn't be playin' his fiddle any time soon!

I'll rob the carb and other parts, and send the old mower to the mower scrap yard!

Comments (9)

• ewalk
    13 years ago

Rusty: OUCH ! The Buddy I had in last week end dropped over today . Says the Husky 371-XP Saw is running like champ. The Mitsubishi Trimmer/Brusher is fine too that was a Ba$$ Buster of a Tune Job . He dropped off another
    Project a Old B&S 3.5 HP Mower. He ran into the corner of his fence with the Air leaner Canister (Low Bridge) Stalled won't start lol . I eyeballed it and had to ask him what the 2x4 was doing lying under the Fuel Tank (remnants from his fence ?) No just holds the Tank up since the bracket was cracked Roflmbo. Gotta Be A Canadian Red-Neck Thing ! I guess I know what I'll be doing After the Horse Shoe Tourney Saturday lol :)

• canguy
    13 years ago

Canadian red neck thing eh? LMAO

• rustyj14
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The Canadians must have learned the red-neck way of fixing things, from us! Some of the awful repair contraptions i have seen, boggles the mind.
    to wit: A piece of 2x4 holding the gas tank in position, as the long bolt that is s'posed to hold it on, has fallen out in the grass! Or, plastic wire ties holding the carb in position.
    how about the man i met today--couldn't figure out why his starter was stuttering, when he turned the key. Said the battery was just a new one not long ago, especially when i was reading the date sticker on the battery--2005!
    I have a customer who furnishes the pink insulation for the mice in his shed, so they can build comfy nests in his tractor flywheel shroud! Ohhh, Yeah!

• ewalk
    13 years ago

Rusty I hear Yeah lol , you probably have seen enough to Write a few Volumes of What NOT To DO !

• snuffyinatl
    13 years ago

Or the guy I had a few years ago, brought a brand new mower to me, saying it wouldnt cut...blade was on upside down. I told him about it, he said he knew, he flipped it so it would cut when he was pulling it backwards....hehe. He seemed to think the engine changed direction when he pulled it backwards???

• ewalk
    13 years ago

"He Seemed to think the engined changed direction when he pulled it backwards ?" Roflmbo Snuffy !

• rustyj14
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Feller brought his lawn tractor for me to figure out why the blades cut well on one side, but not the other! Said he had taken them off, sharpened them and reinstalled them----hmmm. Asked me to switch them! No, i didn't do it, just turned one over! Mowed nicely after that.

• canguy
    13 years ago

Lost count of the number of times I have seen that. LOL. I had a customer come in complaining that his new chain would not cut. I told him I did not want to insult him but did he realize the chain was installed backwards. Yes I do, I am cutting with the top of the bar. I explained that he did not need to do that and advised against the practice of under cutting.

• ewalk
    13 years ago

CG: Don't you go and Tell me he was from B.C. No Say it isn't So lol . :)