Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
timreynolds8292

Tecumseh H35-45776Y leaking oil in breather

timreynolds8292
15 years ago

I have a Tecumseh 3.5hp horizontal shaft engine (H35-45776Y) with breather tube (rear) terminating in the air filter box. The problem is this breather tube leaks oil and the air filter gets pretty clogged - so much that hard to start when engine hot. So I took the valve cover off to see what I could see .. I saw a little black screen about 1" x 1" x 1/8" pretty wet with oil. Behind it is a little metal plate with small holes (about the size of hole punch holes).. and about 1/4" behind this plate is another plate with one small hole going into the engine. So, wondering how to fix the issue or where the problem really is - if inside the engine compartment not sure how to fix. Also, the little plate with the holes and the plate about 1/4" behind it seem to be pressed into the engine block. Hoping someone may recognize this issue and give me a tip or two. Also, in this engine diagram I have I see a Breather tube grommet - but it isn't even on the same side of the valve cover as the breather tube so a bit confused if drawing just wrong or if I'm missing some part here. My breather tube connects into the Valve Cover and has what looks like a grommet directly on back side where tube connects.. Please help.. Thanks

Comment (1)