Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newbreed_gw

Why doesn't carb supply fuel when needle valve installed, but whe

newbreed
11 years ago

After cleaning my carb and changing all the gaskets (2) and O'ring, went to start it (this is a prime to start carb, no adjustments). After I primed the carb, I tried to start it, didn' even sound like it was trying to start...removed spark plug, it was dry, didn't even smell like fuel, next I removed the air cleaner and checked for fuel in the carb next to the butterfly, it also was dry...this is hard to believe, because when I cleaned it, I used carb cleaner and blew it out with an air compressor, everything was clear no blockage, Next I checked the suction on the line leading to the air cleaner, it had good suction. I then removed the fuel filter bowl (full of fuel) removed the float and the needle valve they looke good...Thought I would just try to see what happens if I was to put it back together and leave the needle valve out (since it is a straight shot to the carb), left needle valve out , primed carb, tried to start, started on third pull. Installed needle valve nothing. "Any suggestions would be grealtly appreciated"

Comments (2)