Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marine fuel for zero turn mower.

Posted by wjason777 none (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 7:57

I have about 6gal of marine gas that a I got from a neighbor that's moving away. I've herd of people using this blend of gas for mowers. I have a brand new husqvarna zero turn with a 21hp Kohler engine. Could I use this blend of fuel in it? Just would like to know you guys opinions on this before I start using it !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marine fuel for zero turn mower.

What's the difference between marine gas vs "regular" gas?
Do you mean gas/oil mixed for 2 stroke engines like weed whackers, chain saws etc?

o

I looked around a bit outside GW on the subject. Seems a lot of marine gas is ethanol-free, but not all. Some said it depends on which state you were at.

I was unable to find out what the ethanol % was at my local BP station! No notice on the pump. I asked the cashiers, they had no idea. Said look it up on the BP website. Could not find anything there.

Found some info on the pure-gas.org site. Really differs state to state. Fuel-tester.com site lists a number of states that require ethanol labeling at 1% or more. But my state, MISSOURI, is one of a number of states that requires NO ethanol listings period.

This is a stupid system that requires some to post a 1% ethanol warning, but lets other states post no warning at 15%.

o

I agree with you that a no label system sucks. They are making you buy something that you have no idea what is being dispensed. Blends with alcohol get less milage than blends that don't. Also blends with alcohol can cause a lot of maintenance problems with you equipment if you don't stay on top of it.

o

In most cases, if you purchase "Premium" gas, it is ethanol free, and it works fine in lawn equipment.

o

I did find the answer to my question, by chance. The newspaper had an article on the subject just in the last week. Seems the state legislature (Missouri) recently did not allow the amount of ethanol to go from 10% max to 15%.

But it is still ridiculous that the state does not require vendors to post the amount of ethanol on the pumps. The station attendants did not know, and I could not find anything on Google in ten minutes of searching BP.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here