Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone familiar with a Michaels Mower??

Posted by ttkdkk (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 4, 09 at 8:08

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and was hoping that someone could help me. I've inherited a late 1960's to early 1970's vintage field/brush mower that was sold through the Sears Farm & Garden catalog. Since this was one of my Daddy's "babies", it has some sentimental value and I am therefore trying to bring it back to life.
This thing is a monster - basically a frame with two large wheels, a Wisconsin 8Hp engine and a three-bladed cutting blade. The mower - an FH24 model - was built by the Michael's Machine company in Mattoon, Illinois. I've scoured the web to try to find the company or to find someone who might have parts for the old thing. While I can find engine parts, I've only found one obscure reference to the mower. If anyone has any information on these old machines - or might know some person or group who would - I would greatly appreciate your help!
Thanks,
David

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone familiar with a Michaels Mower??

Try Smokestak web site. The guys on that forum are into older engines and machinery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Smokestak

o

If you're still Interested, you're in luck. My wife's grandfather owned that company. You can contact me you would like further information.

o

If you're still Interested, you're in luck. My wife's grandfather owned that company. You can contact me you would like further information.

o

I have one of these mowers and would like more info on this great piece of american made beast of a mower . Thank you

o

I have one of these mowers and would like more info on this great piece of american made beast of a mower . Thank you

o

o

• Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 9, 13 at 11:13

I'd suggest going to My Tractor Forum, then Sears-Craftsman forum. Sorry I can't post a link as GW doesn't like them and vice-versa?

Anyway, the folks there live and breathe old Sears/Craftsman/Suburban gear.

Good luck,

Ev

o

Hawk5, do you have any printed material on these Michaels mowers?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here